Dorn Method/Dorn Therapy Training
Become Certified as a Dorn Method Practitioner ,
Click on Brochure below
new Dorn Flyer Courses 2d.7
Learn to :
- Quickly Gently and safely Re-Align the Spine with no Cracking and High Amplitude thusting (seen in Chiropractic and Osteopathy)
- treat all peripheral Joints of the body
Dorn Method Basic Seminar – Course Outline
Recommended Hours: 16 – 18 hrs (2 days)
Introduction to the Dorn Method:
(Approximately 2 hours)
- What is the Dorn Method? (Why Method?)
- The History of the Dorn Method (Dieter Dorn – Hildegard Steinhauser – AWHAI (Thomas Zudrell)
- How to use the Dorn Method (Self Help, Therapy), Incl. legal considerations, Listing in the Therapist’s List, Advanced Training towards therapist, Importance of following the principles and guidelines!
- Course sequence explanation – Demonstration and Explanation followed by Hands on Training, Step by Step with changing roles of students
- Basic Anatomy (Spine, Joints, Muscles, Nerves and their connection to ailments)
- Basic Physiology (Misalignments cause Imbalances followed by Muscular Tensions and Stressed Nerves that impair the Information Exchange between Brain and Organs/Body)
- Body – Mind – Spirit (Non Physical Connections to Health Issues)
- Principals of the practical therapy part:
- Applications, Limitations and Contra-Indications, Do’s and Don’ts, Body Reactions to the Treatment, Complementary Therapies!
- Connections to TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine and Meridian Science) Part 1
Practical Application of the Dorn Method :
(Approximately 4 – 6 hours)
(Demonstration by the Teacher on a sample patient followed by Hands-On Training of Students with changing roles)
- Leg length check
- Hip joint correction (Self Help and Therapist Method)
- Knee joint correction
- Ankle joint correction
Sacrum check (Correct positioning of thumbs)
- Sacrum correction at Posterior Superior Iliac Spine
- Sacrum correction at lower sacrum (coccyx) (Dr. Michael Graulich Method)
- Lumbar vertebrae check
- Lumbar vertebrae correction
- Correction of a lumbar scoliosis (pressure while sliding downwards!)
- Thoracic vertebrae check (from TH8 to Th1) – Demonstrate how to find and count the vertebra!
- Thoracic vertebrae correction
- Correction of Thoracic scoliosis
- Cervical vertebrae check (best in steps: first 6th and 7th followed by 5th to 3rd then 2nd (axis – with movement test!) then 1st (atlas)
- Cervical vertebrae correction (best in steps: first 6th and 7th followed by 5th to 3rd then 2nd (axis – treat always both sides!) then 1st (atlas – treat always both sides! – Show variations!)
This completes the basic Spine Alignment and should be part of every Dorn Method Treatment.
The following treatment sequence of all other joints can be included in a full Dorn Therapy; however it is usually only applied on specific cases.
Correction of the other Joints
usually done in a sitting position):
- Shoulder Joint correction (with variations)
- Elbow Joint correction (with variations)
- Hand Joint correction
- Finger Joint correction
- Thumb Base Joint correction
Remember: Gentle pressure is applied while the joint is moved from a bended (90°) position to a straight position. Do not cause Pain. Repeat several times. Do not overdo it. Watch for correct posture and breathing.
- Collar Bone – Sternum Joint correction
- TMJ (Jaw – Mandibular Joint) correction (with variations)
- Toe joints (Similar to finger joints!)
- Questions and Answers Time
The Dorn Method Self Help Exercises:
- Explanation of the Dorn Method Self Help Exercises
- Demonstration of the Dorn Method Self Help Exercises
- Student Training and Application
- Review of the Topics!
This usually completes the first day of the Seminar!
Second Day of the Dorn Method Seminar!
- Theoretical Review of Day one with Question and Answer session.
- Completion of parts missed at day one (if necessary)
- Connections to TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine and Meridian Science) Part 2
Complete practical review without interruption (approx. 2 hrs) – Students repeat the complete sequence of the Dorn Method Therapy with changing roles while simulating a real patient situation! (Optional if enough time!)
This ends the Basic Dorn Method Seminar!
Time permitting the Basic Dorn Method Seminar is complemented with the Breuss Massage (approx. 2 hrs)
Complementary part: The Breuss Massage
(approx. 2 hrs after the Basic Dorn Method Seminar if time permits!)
- Explanation of the Breuss Massage (From Austrian Healer Rudolf Breuss – a perfect complement to the Dorn Method – Before, After or as its own Therapy) Pain Free Healing through the Spine!
- Demonstration (Application) of the Massage (either complete or in steps directly followed by students!)
- Stretching strokes one and two with little oil
- Stretching strokes one and two with plenty of oil
- Alignment strokes one and two with plenty of oil
- Energizing part with Japanese paper application – paper acts a capacitor for excess energy and at the same time as insulator towards the therapist.
- Healing part: Magnetism (Energy Hands On Healing) Right Handed Therapist now stands on patients left side and vise versa. – 3 positions each held for approx. 1 Minute.
- Aura balancing strokes
- Aura closing
- Wash Hands to cleanse from excess energies
- Remove Japanese paper from patient and dispose paper
- Wipe excess oil from patients back and help patient up!
This completes the Breuss Massage!
- Final Questions and Answers Session!
- Donation of Certificates (Basic Dorn Method)
- Group Photos and Socializing part
This completes the ‘Basic’ Dorn Method Seminar!
- Students are encouraged to use their new acquired knowledge on actual patients, however they must strictly follow the guidelines to ensure effective and safe conduct!
- Students are authorized to give treatments to anybody if they have a valid license as massage therapist, PT, MD, Nurse etc. or if they work under supervision of a licensed practitioner.
- If a Student wants to get a Dorn Method advanced ‘Therapist’ Certificate he/she must treat a minimum of 20 patients with proper documentation followed by the proper treatment conduct demonstrated to an authorized Dorn Method Teacher either during a follow up or advanced Seminar or on an individually scheduled meeting.
- The Student can then be listed as Therapist in the official Dorn Practitioners Listing at www.dorn-method.com