Many people now days suffers from stress, tiredness and fatigue and can not seem to break the cycle.
There are many known causes including , past viral infections, toxicity, emotional stress and simply just overwork!
In most cases rest, a change of diet or herbal meds can improve a condition, but many people don’t realise how important taking time out is.
As clinician I burnt out early as a result of working too many days and not taking enough time for me, now days I have a balanced work /life ethic to offset this happening.
For some to get back on track it is required to take a month or two off work and get away to ensure stresses are minimised. I often recommend patients take a well earned holiday.
To ensure you get the most out of your holiday I recommend the following:
- take a break to somewhere relaxing, rather than a faced paced have to do holiday. Somewhere tropical is ideal
- Ensure where you go has nature and fresh air to help you rejuvenate your cells from the negative ions
- avoid too much alcohol and coffee
- take a siesta every day to catch up on sleep
- book yourself in for a yoga or massage session
- take walks and exercise daily in the forest or by the sea
- drink plenty of water.
- Do not take work things with you such as reading and other work related items!
- enjoy yourself and relax as much as possible
- try and avoid using an itinerary this will only make you feel regimented like your daily life
- Practice some kind of spiritual activity, meditation, praying or other
My recommendation is that people take small regular breaks rather that 1 large break when all else has failed this will ensure you recharge regularly. For those on a budget try doing day trips to the sea, or blue mountains, if you can stay the night this is recommended.
And remember don’t forget take your supplements with you!
Jason Mallia Sydney Naturopath Acupuncturist